Dr.Darcee Schmidt, DC, MS
Native of Minneapolis, Minnesota, Dr. Darcee Schmidt was introduced to chiropractic as a young woman. She had suffered from daily headaches since age 9 and had tried several different treatments with little success. At the age of 20 a friend suggested for her to seek treatment from a chiropractor. After a few sessions she finally had a day without a headache and was amazed at the natural healing power of the body. Since then has dedicated her chiropractic career to help those individuals who think there is nothing else that can be done for them, because there is always something. Dr. Schmidt graduated Valedictorian from Logan College of Chiropractic and obtained a Masters in Sports Science and Rehabilitation from Logan University.
Dr. Schmidt studied dance medicine (dance injuries) under Dr. Robin Hunter at The Ohio State University, Sports Medicine, Performing Arts Medicine. Possessing a life-long passion for dance, she focused her work with OSU’s Department of Dance and BalletMet, Columbus’ professional ballet company. There, she provided weekly care to the dancers and provided backstage support during performances. She recently relocated to Logan, Utah after practicing in Atlanta. Dr. Schmidt remains dedicated to providing optimum care to the dance community in Utah. Among dancing since she was 3 years old, Dr. Schmidt also enjoys playing soccer, yoga, Zumba, and Ultimate Frisbee.
Dr. Schmidt treats the body with chiropractic adjustments, soft tissue treatments, rehabilitation, and nutrition to improve the health and function of individuals. She views the body in a functional manner and assesses proper motion both globally and regionally. She assesses the body as a whole to determine where weaknesses and strengths are found, takes an individualized approach to patient treatment, and is proficient in many different techniques.
As one of the only female chiropractors in Cache Valley she is dedicated to women's health, especially pregnancy care, and is Webster certified. She has specialized in sports injury treatments, sacro-occipital technique, and is a member of the International Chiropractic Pediatric Association (ICPA).
- Trained in myofascial release techniques
- Certified Selective Functional Movement Assessment (SFMA)
- Certified Fascial Movement Taping (FMT) Rocktape Provider
- Webster Technique Certified (Prenatal Pelvic Balancing)
- American Pregnancy Association (APA) Member
- Member of Sacro Occipital Research Society International (SORSI)- SOT® Methods
- Member of International Chiropractic Pediatric Association (ICPA)
- Member of American Chiropractic Association (ACA)
- Member of IADMS (International Association for Dance Medicine and Science)
- Certified in TRX Level 2 Sports Medicine
- Certified in Dr. Skagg’s TMJ Protocol
- Certified in Craniopathy
- Board Certified in Physiological Therapeutics
- Board Certified in Diagnostic Imaging
- Valedictorian, Summa Cum Laude, Doctor of Chiropractic from Logan College of Chiropractic
- Summa Cum Laude, Master of Sports Science and Rehabilitation from Logan University
- Summa Cum Laude, B.S. in Natural Sciences/Pre-Chiropractic and B.A. in Psychology from Indiana University of Pennsylvania